The new 3rd-generation Nest Learning Thermostat is more beautiful than ever, with a thinner, sleeker design and bigger, crisper display. Plus, it’s proven to help save energy. In independent studies, the Nest Thermostat saved an average of 10-12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills.
- Energy saving
- Auto-scheduling capabilities
- Thermostat lock
- Software updates over Wi-Fi
- Safety temperature notiﬁcation
How Does it Work?
- 24-bit color LCD
- 480 x 480 resolution at 229 pixels per inch (PPI)
- 2.08 in (5.3 cm) diameter
- Near-ﬁeld activity
- Far-ﬁeld activity
- Ambient light
- Display - Mass: 7.25 oz (205.4 g) - Diameter: 3.3 in (8.4 cm) - Height: 1.06 in (2.69 cm)
- Base - Mass: 1.35 oz (38.3 g) - Diameter: 3 in (7.6 cm) - Height: 0.42 in (1.1 cm)
- Assembled - Mass: 8.6 oz (243.7 g) - Diameter: 3.3 in (8.4 cm) - Height: 1.21 in (3.08 cm)
- Wi-Fi connection with Internet access
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
- Free Nest Account
- RGB color ring with 6 LEDs
- Working Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
- Wireless interconnect: 802.15.4b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Less than 1 kWh/month
- 2-year limited warranty. For help, visit nest.com/support. Our support team is also available by phone 24/7.
- Optional trim kit
- Mounting screws and labels
- Nest screwdriver
- Installation Guide
- Welcome Guide
- Nest Pro installation card
- The Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.
- Heating: 1,2, and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Humidiﬁer or dehumidiﬁer (HUM, DEHUM) - Fan (G) - Power (C, RH, RC)
No more confusing programming. It learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
Connect the Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
Nest learns how your home warms up and keeps an eye on the weather to get you the temperature you want when you want it.
The Nest Thermostat automatically turns itself down when you’re away to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
See when heating and cooling were on and what affected your energy use.
Get an alert on your phone or tablet if your home gets dangerously hot or cold.
When Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the temperature you’ve set or the time.
Based in Palo Alto, California, Nest takes the unloved products in your home and makes simple, beautiful, thoughtful things.
Size and Weight
What's in the Box